Spidey Tek Inc. was founded in 2015 as a Material Science Company by bio-materials science experts, Roberto Velozzi, and Randy Lewis, PhD., the first to determine the molecular structure of spider silks and one of the pioneers in producing spider silk proteins. Spidey Tek encodes alfalfa plants with the genes that produce spider silk proteins in their leaves. The enhanced alfalfa crops are harvested from fields that regrow for up to 5 years without replanting. Thus, the spider silk proteins are separated and purified into a powder that can be used in many applications.
- ACE selects the Material Innovation Initiative as 2022 Standout Charity
- MII Is Planning Our 2023 Material Innovation Conference!
- Material Innovation Initiative Issues the State of the Industry Report: Next-Gen Materials
- 2021 State of the Industry Report: Next-Gen Materials
- New Material Innovation Initiative Report Finds Investment in Next-Gen Materials More Than Doubled From 2020 to 2021
No comments to show.