We are a small team of dedicated nonprofit professionals who are accelerating the development of high performance, animal-free, and more sustainable materials for the fashion, automotive, and home goods industries.
About This Position
We are looking for someone to serve as our database coordinator, working with various c-suite executives to gather, organize, and share information needed by our various programs. This position will initially only be responsible for designing, maintaining, and overseeing the internal database but with the potential to grow into overseeing a public facing database.
This person will report to the Project Manager but will also have significant engagement with our Chief Partnership Officer and the Innovation team.
How You Will Make a Difference
In this role, you will oversee the collection and maintenance of information in our databases which will help us better serve our audiences and brand clients.
Data Collection and Maintenance
- Design, maintain, and oversee the systems and processes for the collection of information about our audiences including, but not limited to, material companies, investors, incubators/accelerators, scientists, and brands with a strong preference for an automated system using off-shelf technology.
- Work with the programmatic subject matter experts to determine what information we want to collect from each audience and set up periodic check-ins to ensure the information collected is useful and tweak the system as necessary.
- Serve as the first point of contact at MII with new material companies and potentially other audiences to gather information needed for the database including through surveys, emails, and phone calls.
- Take notes in team meetings discussing updates to these audiences and ensure the database is updated with information from these team discussions.
- Review news, company newsletters, and internal MII communications including Slack and add new relevant information to the database.
- Update and maintain the data collected from online forms shared on MII’s website.
- Serve as the internal point of contact for all MII staff related to questions about the information in the database.
- Add new relevant information into the monthly brand engagement newsletter. Relevancy to be discussed with the Chief Partnership Officer.
- Performing other duties as assigned and agreed upon.
Who We’re Looking For
We are currently looking for a very organized person who excels with collecting and managing data. The person in this position must have:
- 2+ years of database management experience.
- Proven experience of data maintenance and thorough information and data analysis.
- Prior experience in the fashion industry, materials science, product development, environmental impact assessment, and/or investment is a plus but not required.
- Coding experience is not required. We do not want custom designed software.
- Experience using project management tools such as Asana.
- Very well organized and can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work both on your own, and in a team.
- Excellent listening skills and should possess the ability to earn the trust of others.
- Strong support for MII’s philosophy and mission.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. If you feel you meet most of the above qualifications but not all of them, we encourage you to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
The Fine Print
- Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
- Reports to: Project Manager
- Location: Remote; applicants from developing countries are encouraged to apply.
- Benefits: Working from home, flexible working hours, generous holiday and vacation plans, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues. Health care benefits may be provided for locations without nationalized health care.
- Salary: $50,000-60,000 in the U.S., commensurate with experience. Salary will be adjusted for international locations. Additional compensation may be provided for high cost of living locations.
Application Process: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Database Coordiator” in the subject line. Please list where you found this job description. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until December 11th, 2022.